The new input on Sound Bar SB-2 HDMI-ARC opens up for getting easier access to great sound from any TV that has an Audio-Return-Channel enabled HDMI input which is most TV models.
When a HDMI cable is connected between the TV and Sound Bar SB-2, then the TV will in most cases detect that an external sound system is connected, and start outputting sound through ARC. But in some cases it should be enabled manually in the TV menu under Sound settings.
Control as well..
However it is not only the audio that is transferred via the HDMI cable. Because control commands from the TV remote is also passed through to the Sound Bar SB-2 via HDMI-CEC. This means that the following functions will work as well:
Automatic Power On and Off the Sound Bar SB-2 along with the TV. On most TV's, in order for this to work, it should be enabled in the TV menu where CEC settings is enabled. See below.
Volume Up and Down via TV factory remote
Mute On and Off via TV factory remote
- AOC - E-link
- Hitachi - HDMI-CEC
- LG - SimpLink
- Loewe - Digital Link or Digital Link Plus
- Mitsubishi - NetCommand for HDMI
- Onkyo - RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
- Panasonic - VIERA Link or HDAVI Control or EZ-Sync
- Philips - EasyLink
- Pioneer - Kuro Link
- Runco International - RuncoLink
- Samsung - Anynet+
- Sharp - Aquos Link
- Sony - BRAVIA Link or BRAVIA Sync (You may need to use a port labeled HDMI-MHL if the regular HDMI port does not work.)
- Toshiba - Regza Link or CE-Link
The above list is not complete but are merely examples. If you find more examples from more brands please get in touch, so that we can add it to the list.