This document will show you how to control the volume on a BSS BLU-100 from a Neets
Control System. BSS have also released an article on third party control than can be found here.
So what can it do for me?
Controlling the BSS BLU-100 from a Neets Control system is not supported within the
default drag and drop functionality. Nevertheless, by using a bit of script code, it is possible to
achieve this function.
- A Neets control system that supports script code.
- Neets Project Designer
- The device driver attached in the botttom of this article
How to get started in Neets Device Editor.
The video below shows how to modify the attached driver in Neets Device Editor and create a level command to be used on a slider, based on an example in Audio Architect.
NOTE: Do NOT use the command generated in Audio Architect. Please follow the example in the video where the command is built upon the data structure below.
Volume Control Percentage - Example command data structure
Here is the example command above, in case you need to copy/paste it into Neets Device Editor:
02 8D 00 01 03 00 01 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 8E 03
How to get started in Project Designer.
- Create a new project and add the BSS BLU-100 driver to one of the control systems
- Insert following text in Function > Show system code > Global variables:
#define CONTROL_BSS_VOLUME Stack1
(The stack number is not always 1, find the correct stack number by watching the video below)
- Now all volume controls will follow this protocol on this port.