So, what can it do for me?
If you need to turn on i.e. a PC or projector from the control system, you can use this function.
E.g. you have a classroom where you need to show a presentation. With one button press, you can turn on the projector, the amplifier for sound, roll down a screen and turn on the PC from where to run the presentation.
- You must use a Biamp Control system that can control a LAN device.
- A device that support WOL using “magic packet”.
How-to Wake On LAN (WOL)
- Make a new device in the Device Editor.
- In the LAN section choose UDP as protocol and select a UDP port to broadcast on.
- Make sure that HEX input mode is selected.
- In the Power on sequence enter the following: FF FF FF FF FF FF, followed by the MAC address (on the network adapter of the PC you want to wake up), repeated 16 times. This equals 102 bytes, and is called a “magic packet”. The command should look something like “FF FF FF FF FF FF AA BB CC DD EE FF AA BB CC DD EE FF AA …”
- Create a new project and attach the created device to the LAN port on the control system.
- Now setup the LAN connection on you device, the selected IP address must be 255.255.255.255: and the port number must be set to 7
- On the button where you want to turn the PC on attach the On sequence you made in the device.