Capturing IR codes
Capturing IR codes from a remote control can be a challenge. Keeping the following simple guidelines in mind will help you overcome the most common problems. When learning IR codes, it is important to have access to the device that you want to control. This enables you to test the IR codes and confirm that they are working as expected
How to capture IR codes
To capture IR codes and get them into the Neets Device Editor, you need the Neets Uni IR Learner
(Item number: 308-0002 or a control system with built-in IR learner) Once you have connected the Neets Uni IR Learner to your computer COM port you are ready to start learning the IR codes.
What is important when capturing IR codes?
When learning IR codes from a remote control, do the following:
- Point the remote control directly towards the IR learning eye.
- Keep a distance of 3 – 7 cm between the remote control and
the IR learning eye.
- Never move the remote control while pressing the button on remote.
- Press the key when asked by the software and keep it pressed until prompted. “Done with IR learning”.
- Avoid learning the IR codes in strong sunlight.
- Turn off all IR communication on nearby devices like laptops and phones.
The IR learner